Thursday, May 21, 2009

Broccoli Salad

This is a picture of the salad that I made and took to Easter. (Okay, I admit it, I'm a bit behind on my blogging.) It was my first time making it, and it got rave reviews. The recipe is my mom-in-law's:

BROCCOLI SALAD
( 4-6 servings)

  • 2 Broccoli Heads - cut into bite size pieces
  • 2 medium Tomatoes - de-seed and dice up into bite size pieces
  • 2-3 strips of Crisp Bacon broken into small pieces (I use the microwave kind, so there's no mess!)
  • 2 bunches Green Onions
  • Sunflower Seeds - salted - amount is up to you
  • 8-10 small Mushrooms - sliced
You just put all the ingredients into a bowl, coat them with lemon juice (half a lemon is plenty) and then add a bit of mayonnaise and mix it up.

Thanks again, Leslie, for the tasty recipe!

1 comment:

Flying Lily said...

Oh I love that salad!! It's even better in leftovers...