Saturday, September 13, 2008

Colorful Lunch

After the last extremely bland-looking bento, I knew I had to kick it up a notch or two. So I stepped out into the garden and came back with some color:

Salad contains:

  • romain lettuce, spinach, carrots, cucumber & celery (from the grocery store)
  • borage flowers and leaves & tomatoes (from the garden)
  • sprouts (grown on my counter-top)
Up close you can see how fuzzy the borage leaves are:

I wasn't impressed with the texture. And though I've heard the flavor described as akin to cucumber... I couldn't distinguish it.

Here is the rest of my lunch, in bento form:

Grapes fill the top tier, and my own concoction of tomato-basil-garlic-chicken-pasta fills the bottom.

Happy Bento!

1 comment:

Lunch Buckets said...

It looks pretty, but I think I'd have a tough time with the fuzzy texture!