Friday, September 7, 2012

First Friday Bento

Hooray for making it to Friday!  I work in a middle school, and the first week back can be a killer.  A student once asked me, "Did you cute your lunch today?"  Yes, today I did.


This bento contains:

  • spaghetti topped with parsley, garlic and cajun spices
  • chicken my husband grilled, seasoned with a flavorful baja citrus marinade
  • broccoli florets
  • red pepper decorated with black sesame seeds and a pepper seed
  • my aunt's homemade applesauce (in the top tier - not pictured)

I cooked the spaghetti this morning, because I didn't have any left over rice in the fridge.  I am so out of practice at making bentos!  I don't even remember what I like to have on hand and ready.  But I'll get back in the swing of it.

Here is a close up of the little character from my bento today.  I'm calling her "little miss hot lips."


Happy bento!

No comments: