Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Bento Simplified


Now that you know how to pack a bento lunch, I'd like to convince you how simple it really is.  

Repeat after me:  Bento is easy!

It really is.  If you are a person who 
  1. eats dinner    -and-
  2. owns a container to store leftovers in
You can make a bento lunch!

First step, eat dinner.  I went with Pineapple Pork Chops and rice:



Second, pack your left-overs in a container.  To show how easy this is, I am using a Pyrex dish I picked up at Winco:


Embellish or garnish as you feel moved.  (This is optional!  You will still get the portion control, budget saving benefits without making faces on your food.  But it is kinda fun.)  Today I was feeling sesame seeds, cilantro, and a quick nori face.

Third, put the lid on and throw it in a paper sack.  Or use a reusable container like this thermal tote from Thirty-One Gifts:


Done!  You are ready to take your bento lunch to work or send it to school with your little one.  Now, wasn't that easy?

If you are inspired to try this yourself, please leave me a comment below.  I would love to hear about your first bento experience!

Happy bento!

No comments: