Sunday, January 18, 2015

Cinnamon Almonds

Hey, look!  I still have a food blog.  
Just sitting here on the Internet like a handy recipe book.  I got a comment on one of my posts recently and it got me thinking.  I still cook, people.  And I now have a nicer camera to take mouth-watering snapshots of my food.  Hmmm...  I should post something.  
So here it is: Cinnamon Almonds.


Have you ever tried/become addicted to the snack almonds at Trader Joe's?  Or even better, the ones at the Farmer's Market?  Yum!  Did you know that they are brain-dead simple to make at home?  I didn't, until we decided that we would pass on buying the spendy snack nuts (because I am a very proud new stay at home mommy!) and I felt like we should get the same treat at a better price.

I found the recipe here at One Charming Party.  Take a look!

With three simple ingredients (four if you count water, which apparently I don't) this is a great allergen friendly snack (so long as your friends aren't allergic to almonds, sugar or cinnamon, that is). Combine in a skillet:

1 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon of cinnamon (we like ours more cinnamon-y than the original recipe)
1/4 cup of water

Then add 3 cups of raw almonds and stir over medium heat until the sugar crystalizes.  Then remove from the heat and let them cool on parchment paper (or a Silpat).  Let them cool completely before serving.  (Or at least wait a few seconds so you don't burn your mouth!)

Mine got a little more carmalized than the last batch because I ran into the living room to get my camera and start up my blog again: 


 Easy, peasy game day (or any day) treat.  Go Hawks!


Enjoy!

No comments: