Sunday, January 14, 2024

Still Playing With My Food

Goodness, it's been a while. A few days ago I looked up my food blog and read through it again looking for a roll recipe I remembered enjoying. As I did, I felt both inspired to try some recipes again I haven't made in a long time, and also pleased at the progress I've made on my kitchen skills over the years. I am, it would seem, still "playing with my food."



With no promises that I will be steadily or consistently posting, I thought I would hop back on here and post some updates and a few recipes that I have been making and enjoying lately. 

 I have circled back around to sourdough. It brings me such joy to bake with sourdough. In fact, this Christmas I baked up lots of little sourdough loaves and wrapped them up to give to friends and family members as gifts. They were well-received, and though the wrapping of them took longer than I had anticipated, they were a joy to give.  



 Bryan and I have also been making a lot of pizza of late. We got an Ooni pizza oven, and have enjoyed it so much. We have hosted pizza parties, taken it camping with us, and just generally enjoyed making yummy pizzas at home more or less from scratch. 





 I have also found a cinnamon roll recipe I really like and adapted it to be diary-free. Having sent some in with Bryan to work at one point, I now from time to time will make up dozens of cinnamon rolls for the hardworking staff at the school. 




 My lunches for the last few years have been mostly soups, salads, and those super convenient chicken and rice packets from Costco. Looking back over all the bento lunches of the past amuses me. We shall see if I decide to "cute" my lunch at all in the future.  I put my Panda Express left overs into a container but was underwhelmed by the results. I am out of practice to say the least.


Enjoy!

No comments: