Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A New Kind of "Quick Bread"

I just thought I would quickly share with you all the birthday present I got from my husband and mom-in-law...

I've been drooling over this book, Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day, ever since I read this article about No-Knead Sticky Pecan Caramel Cinnamon Rolls over at Steamy Kitchen. (Evidently I'd been drooling so loudly Bryan noticed.)


Let's take another close-up look from a different angle, shall we? And make sure and notice the time-stamp on this post. I'm not fudging any. I was able to come home from work, bake a loaf of bread, and then blog about it all before 6pm. (Am I the only one that is really excited about this?)


Fresh breads with dinner here we come! Stay tuned for further recipes... I am determined to try the cinnamon rolls soon.

4 comments:

Partly Cloudy Knitter said...

Wow! I received that book as a gift and I was very excited too. But I bake the bread and then we eat it and then I think I should have taken a picture, but it's too late. I'll try again tomorrow. Thanks for the little push to do it.

Yvo Sin said...

Whoa... now see, that boggles my mind. I already can't bake and now you're telling me you did it in less than an hour? (Unless you get off work at 3. Which is totally possible.) What, Rachael Ray has gotten into the bread baking world??? Hehe :)
Your bread looks REALLY good btw.

Deborah said...

I will be baking my first loaf from this tonight!!

Mer said...

Yvo - I work at a school, so yes, I get off pretty early. 3:30ish. But it only took about 1 hour 15 minutes total. And most of that was it resting (while I was walking the dog) or cooking (while I was chatting with Bryan) so it doesn't count into the "active work" formula they've used to come up with the title.

QoE and Deborah... hope to see posts of your bread soon. :0)