Sunday, August 31, 2008

Grilled Cheese Sandwich

This post goes out to all of my readers who are new to the kitchen.  Sometimes, you just need an easy, no fuss something to serve to your man (or eat yourself!).  So I submit to you...


The humble grilled cheese. Not a food that I consume (being allergic to milk) but, none-the-less, one of my husband's favorites. If you are fortunate enough to be able to eat them... they are a wonderful comfort food. And they are SO easy to make!

Take two slices of bread...

and spread them with butter.

Get the butter all the way up by the crust, so it won't burn.

Slice some cheese.  My husband actually likes Velveeta best for these sandwiches, but Tillamook is also good.

Place the bread, butter side down on a non-stick skillet.  (No need to spray it, by the way -- that is what the butter is for.)


Now place the cheese on the bread so that it covers the whole area.

Set the second piece of bread on top of the cheese, you guessed it, butter side up.

Let it sizzle for a bit, on medium heat - and then flip it over.

The second side will brown much faster, so check it often if you need to.

Ta da!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

That looks perfect, oh man I want one so bad. I don't have bread or cheese, but I have been craving a good grilled cheese. REALLY good with mozzarella too.

beastmomma said...

All of a sudden, I am craving grilled cheese. I wonder why?