Thursday, December 6, 2007

Saving Face

This morning I attempted to make my sandwiches a little cuter by tacking on some nori eyes and noses. One of the noses fell off before I took the picture, and I was running too late to make a new one.


Bento #44:

  • turkey sandwich on sourdough bread
  • Fritos scoops
  • Granny Smith apple slices
  • brownie
Verdict: I wasn't very pleased with this bento, actually. There was too much bread and not enough meat for my taste in the sandwich. And the chips had gotten a little soggy... from the apples? Or from not drying the lid off thoroughly? I'm not sure.

One thing I am pleased with is this bento box of mine. It is one of a very few I have that actually can be microwaved. It has a clear lid, so I can show off my lunch without opening it. And... best of all, it was absolutely free. It came as the "doggie bag" from Claim Jumper.



2 comments:

Yvo Sin said...

I've discovered the hard way that even if things aren't touching, anything particularly dry in a box with anything that's moist- apples etc.- will turn soggy. I forget what I unhappily discovered this with... but it was a bad bento day because some things just need to be crispy! But other people don't seem to have that problem so perhaps it's just me??? And you, now, I guess?

Mer said...

Yeah, it has happened a couple times that one thing or another would get chewy instead of crisp. I think other people probably just don't mention it. :0)

But I am learning what things are okay to pack next to one another and what are not. Glad I'm not the only one. :0)