Thursday, September 17, 2009

Kitty Bento

Here is the first meal with a face I've made all year:

Bento lunch contains a turkey sandwich on flatbread, with tomatoes and pickles to add on.

Kitty's face is made of turkey. Nose and ears detail is ham. Wiskers, eyes, and paw detail done with nori. Mouth drawn on with food coloring.

I was a little disappointed with how the mouth turned out. The moisture from the meat caused the ink to spread out more than I would have liked. But that's okay. Live and learn, right?

Happy Bento!

3 comments:

Goofiernu said...

Well, *I* think it's cute!
(Sigh...)
Too cute to eat. I would sit there, looking into those sweet, innocent eyes... then put the lid back on because there's no way I could take a bite out of that cute little kitty face.

Amy said...

So cute!
Is that flatbread the new "Sandwich Thins" I have seen advertised recently?

Mer said...

Amy: Yes, it is the Orowheat Multigrain Sandwich Thins. My Nana gave me a couple of them to try. They are nice, and a great size for this bento box. :)