Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Fresh Bento

Here is the little bento I made for today:

I just went to the grocery store yesterday, so I have lots of fresh foods to cram into my little box...

  • Dark green lettuce
  • Kiwi
  • Carrots (with black sesame seed eyes)
  • Cherry tomatoes (from my yard)
  • Grapes
  • Broccoli
  • Onigiri (rice ball) with nori face
  • Turkey and egg swirl
I love this little guy. He looks like he's hiding, doesn't he?

The kitty cat onigiri was super easy to put together this morning, because I had pre-made the onigiri, and pre-cut the nori.

Happy Bento!

Related posts:
Making Onigiri (rice balls)

4 comments:

Kristen said...

It does look fresh and very delicious and appealing!

Jacqueline said...

This looks really fresh ;) Nice done. Have you made the onigiri freehand? My fiancé said, that the close up of the swirl looks like it is saying "Come near my dear, I will eat you!" ;D

Mer said...

I made the onigiri without a mold, yes. Here is a link to how to make them simply.

Celestial Charms said...

Mer, thanks for stopping by my blog. The food here is making me salivate! Lovely.