Friday, March 7, 2008

Odds & Ends Bento

Today I slept in till the absolute last moment, and when it came time to throw together my lunch, I still didn't have any cute ideas. So, I started pulling my left-overs out of the fridge and heating them up. Oven-roasted potatoes? Check. Left-over rice? Check. Sausage... well, you get the idea. That pretty much took care of my top tier.


Oh, and I'm so loving my new little veggie cutters. I wanted it to be a little more interesting, so I threw a couple carrot flowers in there. Why flowers? Because that was the only cutter that wasn't in the dishwasher. ("You wash your cutters in the dishwasher?" Yeah, I'm just that lazy.)

For my bottom tier, I microwaved a heart shaped onigiri that I had previously made and frozen, surrounded it with pineapple and sprinkled sesame seeds on top. Then I made a foil box to keep my brownie safe, and filled in the gaps with raisins. And, wa-la! Bento #89:

Happy Bento!

No comments: