Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Foodie Flick

Yesterday my mom took me to see Julie & Julia.

For those of you who have yet to see it, it is a delightful film. It is based on the true story of Julie Powell who blogs from NY. She challenged herself to cook through all 524 recipes in Julia Child's cookbook, Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Volume 1 in 365 days.

I found the movie honest and touching, and it inspires me to want to cook more. (If only I could use butter!)

If you haven't seen it, I would highly recommend it.

If you have seen it, and would like to read the original blog that started it all... here it is.

Enjoy!

Related post:
One of Julia Child's recipes that I have baked.

2 comments:

StefRobrts said...

That looks like a really neat movie. I might have to sneak off and see it next weekend while Dave's away at his play :)

high over happy said...

I have not seen it. But if it'll inspire me to cook, I should!