Thursday, October 1, 2009

Bento du Jour

First, a word about the title. I have been having a hard time lately coming up with titles for my posts. I mean, how many times can I call it, essentially "My Lunch" before we are all bored to tears? I could go back to Bento #whatever - but I don't exactly know what number I'm on, to be honest.

I was chatting about this title quandry with my friend Andrea and she suggested I try something with an International flair. Since bento is quite the international phenomenon currently, I say, why not?

So without further ado, I present today's lunch:

Contents:

  • Brown steamed rice
  • Shake-n-bake chicken
  • Carrot flowers
  • Broccoli stems and grass
  • Lettuce
  • Grapes
  • Tomatoes
The color in this tier was good - and the tomatoes continue to be tasty. I even ate my lettuce today, believe it or not!

This is the first time I've used this little flower cutter. It is much smaller than the stars I usually do, and it is a fondant cutter, so I wasn't sure it was going to be strong enough to cut through carrot. It had no problems.

Happy Bento!

No comments: