"What is that?" one of the boys from the table next to me in the cafeteria asked, watching, with furrowed brows as I raised the chopsticks to my mouth.
"What?" I glanced up to see a handful of pre-teen boys looking at me.
"That purple stuff... what is it?"
"Garlic mashed potatoes." I answered, as if it was the most normal thing in the world to be eating potatoes the hue of my utensils in the center of a middle school cafeteria.
I'm beginning to think that I may be developing an unhealthy bento obsession. I was almost late today because I felt I should add whiskers to my lunch bunny. I literally looked at the clock and thought, "It would be okay to be a little late... Wait, what am I thinking? I can make another bunny (with whiskers) some other day; I better get going!"
Contents of bento #38:
- 3 rice onigiri hand formed into head and two ears.
- Nori eyes and nose
- "Hot Shot" seasoning mouth
- Garlic mashed potatoes tinted purple
- carrot made of, um... carrot
- carrot stem made of broccoli
- 3 ham slices, skewered on a toothpick