Monday, November 19, 2007

Sunny Day Bento

Bento #35 actually got planned out last night in advance. I guess it must be wishful thinking as the dark, wet, cold winter sets in for me to doodle and create a summery bento. Here is the blueprint for today's bento:


And here is the final product:


On the left I have a bed of pearl rice that I cooked up this morning. The grass is made of steamed brocholi (steamed slightly too long, I'm afraid). The sun is made of carrot shavings. The stems are tiny peices of celery. The roses are made of tomatoes that I picked from my garden this morning.

For the record, I don't suggest that you try to craft any shape out of tomato. They are a very difficult and unforgiving medium.

On the right side of the divider are porkchop cubes and pineapple skewered onto toothpicks. Below that are some slices of apple.

Again, if you've never had pineapple pork chops, you should really check out this post which has step-by-step photos to go with the recipe.

3 comments:

Schatze said...

This is adorable! I think those roses turned out really well.

Mer said...

Thanks! I was pretty pleased with the roses myself. :0)

Anonymous said...

I like your little sketch. I should do that more, but i guess thinking ahead is not what I do best....

cant remember my password so here is crappy signature
mook at
http://frenchbento.canalblog.com