Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The bento formally known as frozen

Bento #39 was hot! (By which I mean I microwaved it right before eating.) And a good thing, too... because it has been really cold in the cafeteria lately at the middle school I work at.

This bento contains:

  • 5 fresh tomatoes picked from my garden this morning (Can I just say again how astonished I am to be picking tomatoes in the morning, and watching it snow in the evening! What a crazy November this is.)
  • A frozen Boca pattie with carrot peelings on top for decoration
  • frozen corn
  • frozen stir-fry vegetables
  • maple chipotle grille sauce (hidden beneath the Boca burger)
I was thinking to myself as I ate my lunch today, that I had packed a bento even my vegan friends could enjoy. Being something of a carnivore myself, I found this worthy of comment.

Thanks for reading!





2 comments:

Scribbit said...

I've always thought Bento was so pretty and useful and fun--I've wanted to buy some boxes for the kids but they tend to be a little expensive.

Mer said...

I was very lucky and able to get my little Hello Kitty boxes from the dollar tree. But I don't know if you have those up in Anchorage?

And this bento that you've commented on was put together in another Dollar Tree find. It is more versatile, though, because it can go in the microwave. :0)