Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Twinkle Twinkle

This is my second attempt at bento, created on September 13th:

These cheerful stars were cut out of two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with a large cookie cutter. Then I used a toothpick and some honey to "tattoo" on the smiling faces. I made small holes for the eyes and filled them with a chocolate sprinkle each for pupils.

Cherry tomatoes from my garden and green apple slices fill in the gaps. Small heart shaped PB&J cutouts topped with honey and red sprinkles serve as dessert.

3 comments:

Schatze said...

Those stars are so cute!!

Anonymous said...

This one with the stars--is so nifty--I might not want to eat it and ruin it=-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Merilee. we are home from Seward and while there our computer crashed after the firt night so could not write to you. Oh my your bento boxes are sooooo cute and creative and I am sooo happy you enjoy doing that and sharing them with us. Too fun. i especially liked the PBJ "star" sandwiches. ^)^ I too really enjoy hummas but have not made any for a long time. Now I will and I am happy you eat soooo healthy. Keep sending things our way. Love, Gma & Gpa